Sales and Marketing Manager
Do you dream about selling insurance? Lot’s of it? Do you understand what information an underwriter needs? Do you have half of Botswana on one touch dial? Are you a technology junkie, someone who can find an opportunity for the business to it move forward.
If you are an energetic and ambitious individual, come join us.
The applicant will be responsible for implementing the Sales and Marketing strategy.
The applicant is required to manage and provide support processes to ensure department profitability and to ensure they meet business targets. The incumbent is individually accountable for achieving results, supervising junior sales staff, broker and customer relationship management and product innovation.
They will be reporting to Chief Executive Officer.
- Obtain and retain business through negotiation on technical issues, quotations, rates, and renewals within underwriting guidelines- including complex accounts/special wording type accounts.
- Management of implementation in Sales efficiencies initiatives
- Participation in business strategy development and its implementation for sales capability and delivery of the sales function.
- Implementation of client service metrics for successful implementation of client service solutions.
- Partner and collaborate with key stakeholders
- Manage an effective Communication model to ensure all teams understand the overall business performance and their impact on it.
- Manage day to day relationships with the relevant Institutions and/or including Regulatory Authority (NBFIRA)
- Ensures the implementation of requirements arising out of new and amended regulatory and supervisory items are communicated and implemented on time.
- Ensure timely review and resolution of all Customer Complaints
- Limit Regulatory Actions / Sanctions taken on Alpha Direct
- Effective people management and team Leadership-Living by the Alpha Values
- Maintain confidentiality of all correspondence and communication
- Review sales and activity reports, and other performance data to measure productivity and goal achievement and to determine areas needing cost reduction and program improvement.
- Review Financial Statements and ensure compliance with Statutory Capital Requirements
- Create Marketing Budgets.
- Monitoring and maintaining customer retention ratios
- Monitoring and maintaining all other Sales metrics
- Monthly Sales reports (Target and Forecast)
- Formulate marketing strategies geared towards awareness and business growth,
- Undertakes internal and external training initiatives to expand the technical skills of employees.
- Ensure implementation all strategies and policies, to achieve the company’s mission, vision, objectives, and core values.
- Handle relationship building and customer satisfaction.
- Design and see the implementation of sales strategies and prospects for new business to meet company targets.
- Ensure new clients are provided with quotations and continuous follow up is in place.
- Undertake market research to identify and recommend competitive products and services.
- Gaining new business by identifying and exploiting opportunities in the local market
- Ensure continuous training is provided to all sales agents.
- Support the drive of new and existing revenue streams.
- Ensure departments are complaint with Policies and Procedures
- Develop Procedures Manuals and Operational Guidelines that govern operations.
- Ensure seamless and accurate system reporting.
- Ensure turnaround targets / standards are adhered to.
- Manage the flow of paperwork and apply necessary data restrictions (confidentiality) and access controls.
- Provide management information system reports as required.
- Create a Sales Force Automation
- Oversee problem and incident management to ensure the client's expectations are met (or exceeded)
- Ensure Minimal registered complaints with NBFIRA.
- Ensure escalated matters are timely managed and addressed.
- Low complaints registered via internal complaints register.
- Ensure swift turnaround time to Quote issuance.
- Annual review of Service provided by vendors and repairers.
- Ensure customer Sales enquiries are handled timely.
- Senior Managers
- All Financial Bodies
Our Ideal Candidate
1. Qualifications and Experience
- Master’s degree in business or information & technology
- Mandatory COP-Shor Term
- Minimum of 5 years of relevant work experience in a Sales and Marketing Environment
- Membership to any professional body
2. Skills Set
- Technical proficiency and problem-solving skills.
- Strong verbal and written communication skills.
- Strong ability to execute work with a diversity, equity, and inclusion lens.
- Ability to function well in a high-paced environment.
- High degree of professionalism in dealing with diverse groups of people, including Board members, senior executives, and staff.
- Ability to complete a high volume of tasks and projects with little or no guidance.
- Ability to react with appropriate levels of urgency to situations and events that require quick response or turnaround.
- Able to maintain a high level of integrity and discretion in handling confidential information.
- Display exemplary conduct and live by the Alpha Direct Values.
- Digital Media and Design
- Social Media Marketing
- Prospects will have to meet NBFIRA’S fit and Proper assessment.
- Prospects will have to undergo Vetting by NBFIRA